PENROSE - BOOKMARK
No more dog eared pages! This solid brass bookmark offers an aesthetic way to mark
your spot in a book. The bookmark is inspired by the penrose tiling pattern identified by
Sir Roger Penrose in the 1970s. Just like looking into the clouds, you can always see
new shapes and forms arising out of the combinations of the different rhombii.
Our PENROSE bookmark is 15,5 x 4 cm and is made in Italy from solid brass.
L 15.5 cm x W 4 cm
Furniture and Homewares inspired by the Mathematics of Nature
what does that mean?
It means we look at patterns and forms that occur in the natural world; we adapt and play with them as a starting point for all of our designs. Those patterns and principles breathe through our products, bringing them to life, revealing themselves slowly.
Almost all of what we make relies on the user to give it the final touch, to make it his or her own. We work with natural materials such as European oak, Douglas Fir, pure sheet metals, as well as some surprising new materials and processes.
We manufacture our products in small factories that we know well, whether it is
• a facility for the disabled here in Berlin that makes our more simple wooden pieces and picture frames
• a respected artisan in Bohemia who individually crafts our more technically demanding tables
• high tech medical equipment firms in northern Italy whithout whom we would not be able to make the steel, brass and copper pieces
• tradional stone crafts in Pakistan for marble
• small, privately run workshops in China for silicon and glass
We are a firm rooted in Berlin, Germany, operating globally in a spirit of openness and fairness, exporting to 34 countries and counting.
Please take a look at our new catalogue, made by our friends at Cee Cee Creative. Visit us at our Showroom to pick up a free copy!