MILK - 2 CUPS
Notch up your coffee appreciation. Espresso tastes better from these compact, natural cups that fit so nicely in the hand.
These cups are made from biscuit porcelain: an unglazed, white bone china with a matte appearance and sublime chalky texture.
Biscuit porcelain was widely used in European and Chinese pottery for sculptural and decorative objects, most notably at Sèvres in the late 1700s.
We made these cups to be dishwasher safe: They are baked twice at around 1400°C which makes the material extremely dense, so nothing can attack the surface. Coffee, tea and wine do not stain, making this rare and refined texture available for daily use. Acids like vinegar help to clean the surface when necessary.
They are also ideal around the kitchen, as a pen holder on your desk, or for bits and pieces in the bathroom.
Capacity 200 ml
Height 6 cm
Oven, dishwasher and microwave safe.
Plastic-free package, contains 2 cups.
Furniture and Homewares inspired by the Mathematics of Nature
what does that mean?
It means we look at patterns and forms that occur in the natural world; we adapt and play with them as a starting point for all of our designs. Those patterns and principles breathe through our products, bringing them to life, revealing themselves slowly.
Almost all of what we make relies on the user to give it the final touch, to make it his or her own. We work with natural materials such as European oak, Douglas Fir, pure sheet metals, as well as some surprising new materials and processes.
We manufacture our products in small factories that we know well, whether it is
• a facility for the disabled here in Berlin that makes our more simple wooden pieces and picture frames
• a respected artisan in Bohemia who individually crafts our more technically demanding tables
• high tech medical equipment firms in northern Italy whithout whom we would not be able to make the steel, brass and copper pieces
• tradional stone crafts in Pakistan for marble
• small, privately run workshops in China for silicon and glass
We are a firm rooted in Berlin, Germany, operating globally in a spirit of openness and fairness, exporting to 34 countries and counting.