DÜRER - PHOTO FRAME
A real life photo filter. The DÜRER and RAUTE frames in solid steel or brass lay a filter
over your photo. The two grid patterns are drawn from sketches by Albrecht Dürer from
the 16th century. The act of partially obscuring the photo with a filigrane veil gives the subject
interest and depth. Ideal for picture with a greater sentimental than aesthetic appeal.
There are two patterns to chose from, the abstract leaf pattern we call DÜRER and
the expanding grid pattern we call RAUTE. Available in two sizes, 13x 18cm and
10x15cm, as well as in steel or brass. The frames are free standing or wall mounted.
L: 15 cm x W: 10 cm
L: 18 cm x W: 13 cm
Stainless Steel or Shiny Brass
Furniture and Homewares inspired by the Mathematics of Nature
what does that mean?
It means we look at patterns and forms that occur in the natural world; we adapt and play with them as a starting point for all of our designs. Those patterns and principles breathe through our products, bringing them to life, revealing themselves slowly.
Almost all of what we make relies on the user to give it the final touch, to make it his or her own. We work with natural materials such as European oak, Douglas Fir, pure sheet metals, as well as some surprising new materials and processes.
We manufacture our products in small factories that we know well, whether it is
• a facility for the disabled here in Berlin that makes our more simple wooden pieces and picture frames
• a respected artisan in Bohemia who individually crafts our more technically demanding tables
• high tech medical equipment firms in northern Italy whithout whom we would not be able to make the steel, brass and copper pieces
• tradional stone crafts in Pakistan for marble
• small, privately run workshops in China for silicon and glass
We are a firm rooted in Berlin, Germany, operating globally in a spirit of openness and fairness, exporting to 34 countries and counting.