RHOMBUS CEILING TILES
A contemporary take on the classic ceiling rose. A set contains differently shaped polygonal elements that can be combined to cover an area of approx. 0.5-1sqm. The arrangement of the elements is free form, we supply several configurations that we suggest, from radial to free flowing.
The elements are cut from polystyrene and can be glued to the ceiling with a weak
glue that is sold at most building supply stores specifically for that purpose. We recommend painting the finished composition with the same paint that is on the rest of the ceiling (water based paints only) to give it a seamless look. Certain elements can be picked out in contrast colors if you like.
1 kit covers ~0.5-1m²
Furniture and Homewares inspired by the Mathematics of Nature
what does that mean?
It means we look at patterns and forms that occur in the natural world; we adapt and play with them as a starting point for all of our designs. Those patterns and principles breathe through our products, bringing them to life, revealing themselves slowly.
Almost all of what we make relies on the user to give it the final touch, to make it his or her own. We work with natural materials such as European oak, Douglas Fir, pure sheet metals, as well as some surprising new materials and processes.
We manufacture our products in small factories that we know well, whether it is
• a facility for the disabled here in Berlin that makes our more simple wooden pieces and picture frames
• a respected artisan in Bohemia who individually crafts our more technically demanding tables
• high tech medical equipment firms in northern Italy whithout whom we would not be able to make the steel, brass and copper pieces
• tradional stone crafts in Pakistan for marble
• small, privately run workshops in China for silicon and glass
We are a firm rooted in Berlin, Germany, operating globally in a spirit of openness and fairness, exporting to 34 countries and counting.
Please take a look at our new catalogue, made by our friends at Cee Cee Creative. Visit us at our Showroom to pick up a free copy!