THIS SAUCE WILL TAKE YOUR SALADS TO THE NEXT LEVEL
Regular reader and early customer Alexandra Hudson, of Hastings, UK introdced the Fundamental team to this magic ingredient. If you live in a city, you will find it in any good turkish or arabic supermarket.
You can think of it as a kind of replacement for balsamic vinegar, but it is much more versatile than that, working it's flavour deepening magic in meat marinades, salad dressings and deserts.
Here's five uses to get you started:
1) Drizzle over an advocado half, serve with chunky salt. Killer starter
2) Mix with mustard and/or horseradish for a super tangy, tart glaze for a roast chicken
3) Add to red cabbage along with apple and caramelised onion to bring out a depth to the flavour
4) Mix with equal parts peanut oil, olive oil, soy sauce and vinegar for a great easy vinagrette
5) Drizzle over ice cream or sorbet to add oomph to a sweet desert.
Should cost no more than about €3 and you'll wonder how you ever coped without it.